On Jan 10th, 2007, I’ll be giving a presentation at Humboldt-Universität Berlin on the use of XML in I18N and L10N. The seminar is open for everyone.
I’ll cover questions like these:
- Background and characteristics of XML
- Reasons for using XML in the software translation industry
- XML as a family of technologies (XSL etc.)
- XML standards for the L10N industry (XLIFF, TMX etc.)
- Tool support (especially TRADOS 7)
In the next issue of “MDÜ” (the quarterly magazine of the German translators industry association BDÜ), I’ll publish an article on the same subject.